The team of Wirex, a crypto payment platform with wallet and debit cardannounced today that Wirex has launched in the USA. Wirex USA offers the ability to buy, hold, exchange, and sell US dollars as well as 37 different cryptocurrencies from its application, as well as send and receive crypto from external wallets. Wirex’s app is also connected to a Visa debit card, allowing users to spend their crypto online and in-store.
Additional features include free domestic and international ATM withdrawals, no annual fee, no exchange fees, instant crypto transactions, and live transaction notifications. Further, with Wirex’s collaboration with Checkout.com, users can also instantly top up with zero fees by linking their debit cards.
Recently, Wirex launched a new rewards scheme, Cryptoback. The program rewards users with up to 8% in X-points (WXT) for every purchase which can be exchanged for any other crypto in-app. Wirex also newly released an upgraded rewards scheme , X-tras, as well as a DeFi-powered interest-earning product, X-Accounts, which will both soon be available for US users.
Rolling Out Wirex USA
“We’re excited to be able to empower American consumers, whether a hardcore crypto-enthusiast or a novice fintech fan, to experience the benefits of a digital economy. US users have been demanding an alternative to traditional forms of payment, and that’s where Wirex steps in. We’re known for upholding regulatory and licensing standards where required and applying industry-best practices where regulations don’t yet exist. American customers can expect the same level of compliance. 2021 was a huge year for Wirex, and 2022 will be no different. We’re continuing to create an enhanced digital ecosystem with the recent release of the non-custodial Wirex Wallet, and an investment in DeFi protocol Nereus, positioning us for exponential growth.”
– Harold Montgomery, Managing Director of Wirex USA
- A mobile app allowing users to buy, store, exchange and sell fiat and cryptocurrencies.
- On-chain transactions enable crypto to be sent and received from external wallets.
- Next-gen technology links the Wirex app to a contactless Visa debit card.
- Prepaid card funds are held in an FDIC-insured federally chartered bank, insured up to $250K.
- Commission-free trading and zero ATM fees.
- Instant top-ups by linking debit/credit card.
- Ability to earn up to 8% X-Points rewards back for any in-store and online purchase, with Cryptoback rewards scheme and X-tras program.
- Over 4.5 million customers globally, with a focus on EEA and APAC.
- Currently available to all US states (except New York, coming later this year).
- Further plans to launch additional features and products to US customers.