Celo Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports the development of Celo Open blockchain platform, Recently announced a new grant program. Provide entrepreneurs with capital and guidance to accelerate technology development and projects to expand the Celo ecosystem; Celo Foundation’s grant program is an open program, and anyone is encouraged to apply.
The grant is based on four key areas:
- Promote the innovation and development of the Celo platform and Celo Reference wallets.
- Lower barriers to entry and encourage developers and end users to use Celo.
- Educate and expand Celo’s global community.
- Expand Celo’s access, opportunities and influence.
Following the launch of the Celo mainnet last year, Selo Community Ecosystem It has been growing. To date, the grant program of the Celo Foundation has provided support for more than 90 projects in 54 countries/regions, and provided US$4.9 million in funding in the last three rounds of financing. The last wave of craze attracted the attention of more than 170 applications.
Can submit applications for Wave IV funded by Celo Foundation Here.
The deadline for submitting applications is June 18, 2021.
Now, the Celo Foundation is honored to invite developers, designers, dreamers and actors from all over the world to work on some of the key priorities of the Celo ecosystem.For ideas not listed in the list below, please feel free to submit or join #grants conversation on Discord Seek feedback.
Reduce access barriers
- On/off ramp：Provide users with more choices of suggestions to purchase, sell and use Celo assets easily and compliantly; including cUSD and cEUR with legal tender.
- Multi-chain wallet: The proposal of a multi-chain wallet provider suggests adding Celo assets, which will help connect other digital asset users with Celo.
- Open API for accepting cUSD and cEUR online: Proposals to make it easier for online merchants to accept cUSD and allow users to spend their cUSD and cEUR without additional fees.In addition, related suggestions E-commerce plugin Utilize APIs such as WooCommerce, Shopify and BigCommerce.
- Agency network: In order to promote financial inclusion, agency networks play a key role in educating users and enabling them to access encrypted assets. In some key emerging markets, agency networks can further the larger Celo community in facilitating the use and adoption of Celo. Benefit.
- Community funding platform: Entrepreneurs on the Celo platform will benefit from being able to raise funds compliantly and at low cost. Proposals may include establishing a compliance platform to incentivize liquidity providers and founders to participate in mission-aligned projects within the Celo ecosystem.
- Lending platform: The loan platform can help Celo achieve its core mission of establishing financial inclusion. Zero-collateralized and under-collateralized loans And solutions that support the credit market are particularly interesting Credit score and insurance.
- Liquidity management: Tools to help automate different strategies to manage the liquidity of digital assets.
- DeFi aggregator: One of the obstacles to adopting DeFi is accessibility and user understanding. The DeFi aggregator can simplify the user experience when interacting with the DeFi protocol.
- Tokenization of different asset classes: NFT is used to enable new asset classes on the blockchain. The Celo Foundation would like to see more research on how to create and deploy new asset classes on Celo.
- market: Creators can use the Celo blockchain to publish works directly to their communities.
- DAO: A mechanism to realize collective ownership among creators, publishers and their audiences.
- Social media platforms: A platform for collaboration between artists, creators and their audiences using social relationships to promote co-creation, display and exchange of NFTs.
- Credit cards and physical card-based solutions: A proposal to enable Celo users to use payment cards to earn rewards and/or consume Celo assets.
- Decentralized market And/or use case: Allow and educate buyers and sellers to interact and trade in a trusted and unauthorized manner.
- Integrate payment with SMS/iOS Messenger: More ways to trade through the Celo network through a familiar interface to encourage accessibility.
Promote the adoption of Celo
- Celo’s online catalog can be used locally: As the community develops more ways to access Celo assets, the regularly updated online catalog will help users understand where they can access CELO, cUSD and cEUR in their area.
- Make money plan. Proposals to help users earn Celo assets (such as micro artifacts).
- Referrals, rewards and cash back programs: Proposals that enable Celo users to use Celo assets to recommend their friends and family, conduct transactions, and receive rewards.
- Localized technical and non-technical education and tutorials: Educational programs in the native language, especially Tagalog/Filipino, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, French, Turkish and German programs, but we welcome all of them. For developers who are new to blockchain and Web3, priority will be given to technical education.
- Incentive and gamified learning plan: Learning new technologies and complex content can be challenging-this is why the Celo Foundation wants to see programs that inspire learning and/or take advantage of the dynamics of games.
- Content and education: Create and promote mobile programs to demonstrate the potential of Celo technology and its mobile-first approach. Some use cases for content include community currencies, natural asset-backed currencies, and universal basic income (UBI).
- Raise awareness of Celo platform, CELO, cUSD and cEUR: Help the community attract 1 billion Celo users. There are still huge barriers to access to the blockchain, and the Cerro Foundation is looking for ideas to help overcome these barriers and make it easy for everyone to get the benefits of Web3. Especially for the ideas of merchants and remittance users in emerging markets.
- College student club: The Celo Foundation is happy to support student groups around the world to build blockchain education programs and courses according to their needs.
- Community-based solutions: The Celo Foundation hopes to support the team that is handling any given request through a comprehensive community-based solution.
- Offline transactions: Support offline or local network transactions in the Celo blockchain client for low-connectivity wallets. For example, this will allow users without Internet access to send transactions through the merchant’s retail POS or phone; use NFC, Bluetooth or 2 QR code scanning.
- Privacy (identity and transaction): The Celo Foundation is interested in the development and implementation of compliance methods to protect privacy because it is related to on-chain identities and transactions and can protect privacy.
- Proof: Plumo requires participants to contribute computing resources to run Plumo proofs to generate proofs and gossip them on the Internet..
- Blockchain monitoring: The Celo Foundation is looking for tools that enable developers to easily listen to the Celo network and trigger other actions (possibly via webhooks).
- Block explorer: There are several popular Celo block explorers, but the diversity of block explorers is an important part of a healthy blockchain network.
- Local currency kit: Local currencies supported by blockchain technology have the potential to reshape and revitalize communities. The Celo Foundation wants to support teams that are exploring its appearance and how to execute it. And share their research with the wider blockchain and local currency communities.
- CBDC sandbox: The central bank’s digital currency will be launched soon. How does the central bank use the public blockchain network and how to get on board? The Selo Foundation is looking for applications that can help the central bank join Selo’s project.
- Bond issuance sandbox: This is related to tokenizing different asset classes, but focuses on how to issue bonds on Celo.
Timeline and key dates
- Deadline for registration: June 18, 2021
- Announcement of Celo Foundation grant recipients: July 21, 2021
Want more information:
Can submit an application Here. For additional information and any questions, please send an email to Grants@celo.org.