DFINITY Foundation is a non-profit organization that aims to establish, promote and maintain the public computing platform “Internet Computer” supported by the blockchain, today announced the launch of the Internet Computer Developer Ecosystem Program to support network development.
For the first cohort, a total of 200 million Swiss francs (223 million U.S. dollars) has been deployed to cryptocurrency entrepreneurs and development teams.The program is accepting applications dfinity.org/grants.
The focus areas of the grant program include:
- Container Development Kit (CDK) and agent.
- Developer tools (ie IDE, debugger, logging library).
- Infrastructure (for example, oracle, asset bridge).
- Integration and API (eg chat, email, map).
- Applications and open Internet services.
3 Grant Tiers
The first batch of grants will be carried out from May 2021 to August 2021. For grants of $5K and $25K, work should be completed within these four months. The grant of $100,000 will be determined by the Grants Committee on a case-by-case basis. The application will remain open throughout the queue to expedite work within the time frame of the first queue or be considered in the next queue.
Internet computer Launched on May 10, 2021.And the recently released internet computer Interface specifications with Source code, The developers have started to build…
Recent developments include:
- OpenChat -A tokenized, decentralized encrypted messaging service that can be extended to millions of users. On May 21, 2021, OpenChat launched an alpha prototype to 10,000 users, quickly becoming one of the most frequently run dApps on the public blockchain.
- Digital video recorder – Within the first week of the network’s launch, a tokenized Reddit open version was completely built on the chain.
- Fleck -An open Internet website and application hosting startup company; 11,000 traditional and blockchain-based websites are running on Internet Computer’s public network.
- capsule -A decentralized social media platform that raised $1.5 million in seed funding under the leadership of the Beacon Fund.
- Golden -Starting from the luxury watch industry; ORIGYN identifies and exposes counterfeit products to prevent brand dilution and the erosion of counterfeit products.
This Internet Computer Developer Ecosystem Project is a supplement to the Beacon Lighthouse. The Beacon Fund is a special venture fund used to support entrepreneurs established on Internet computers. Announced in September 2020; Beacon is a $14.5 million fund led by Polychain Capital and supported by Andreessen Horowitz and the DFINITY Foundation.