The privacy-oriented browser Brave today announced the launch of Brave Wallet, an encrypted wallet built into the Brave desktop browser. The Brave Wallet does not need to be extended; it is native to the browser, reducing security risks and reliance on additional CPU and memory.
Users can use almost any encrypted assets for transactions, and they can also connect to other wallets and Web3 DApps. The Brave Wallet will also be available on all Brave mobile apps soon. In addition, Brave Wallet allows users to connect to hardware wallets such as Trezor and Ledger. If you want, Brave users can continue to use other wallets, such as MetaMask or Brave’s old wallet called Crypto Wallets.
Now, all Brave users can access Web3 decentralized applications (DApps) without installing browser extensions.
With Brave Wallet, users can:
- View real-time and historical market charts (price data supported by CoinGecko)
- Find the best price match based on the list of vendors with built-in swaps
- Send and receive assets
- Purchase with fiat currency through Wyre
- Interact with any EVM compatible network DApp
- Manage their investment portfolio-use non-fungible tokens (NFT) and multi-chain support
- Easily import their wallets from MetaMask and self-hosted wallets, or Brave’s traditional crypto wallet extensions, or hardware wallets (such as Trezor and Ledger) (Ledger Live is not required)
- Send and receive NFT
Brian Bondy, CTO and co-founder of Brave, said:
“Brave Wallet does not require extensions, but a native browser, which eliminates key performance and security issues while retaining the core functions of popular crypto wallets. Brave Wallet serves our more than 42 million users and anyone looking for crypto wallets without extensions. Ren provides a high-performance, highly secure and fully functional wallet designed for today’s crypto users.”
The Brave wallet is free to use and supports all EVM compatible chains (Polygon, xDai, Avalanche, etc.) and L2s. Unlike other wallet extensions, the Brave wallet is built with an open MPL license, allowing developers to easily contribute.
It was also recently announced that in 2022, Brave Wallet will integrate Solana blockchainTo make Solana the default setting supported by DApp.