EEA members and StreamingFast co-founder and CTO Alexandre Bourget pay attention to each other
As a member of EEA, StreamingFast will become part of the community of EEA organizations dedicated to promoting Ethereum and promoting industry adoption. In the following Q&A, EEA interviewed Alexandre Bourget on the ways StreamingFast can help the ecosystem realize the potential impact of Ethereum.
Please briefly introduce your company and yourself.
Fast streaming It is an infrastructure product that is completely different from Ethereum, and is used to provide developers with better query and flow semantics than blockchain nodes. The founding team is composed of serial entrepreneurs who have deep expertise in the fields of big data, network security, development and operation, and blockchain. After the merger, we have established and sold 6 companies, The last one was sold to Intel. We are passionate about blockchain technology, and our goal is to help developers build high-performance applications by organizing globally dispersed data.
After Intel built a big data solution, my team and I learned about the data engineering challenges of maintaining large amounts of data such as blockchain data, but few people are committed to how to quickly and reliably extract these data Read the data. That’s where StreamingFast appears, which uses a completely different stream-first approach. StreamingFast core value proposition: It is the simplest, fastest and most reliable blockchain data stream in the industry for real-time data and historical data.
What got you into the EEA in the first place, and why did you decide to become a member?
Companies working in the blockchain field will help promote technological development in the next ten years. Although the core protocol tends to focus on the best write speed to the underlying blockchain database, there are usually many compromises when reading this data. We are committed to these solutions, and we think EEA (the first stop for those companies seeking guidance) is very suitable to help us share knowledge, tools and expertise, thus saving these companies months of time. Engineering time.
What are you currently doing with Ethereum? How will end users benefit from your work?
We recently publicly released Streaming fast, Ethereum’s fundamentally different infrastructure product. By providing developers with better query and flow semantics, the role of the blockchain node can be optimized to make it play a role different from the local role. Well-known companies have been using our API for some time, and the feedback we have received so far has been incredibly positive. Many of the development teams we talked to used multiple service providers to achieve redundancy, occasional latency issues and complete functionality. After trying StreamingFast, some of our users have been able to delete all other providers because we are able to provide a simple solution that can be used only when they need it. The main value propositions of StreamingFast include:
● Simpler: reduce the code by 90%. A single integration for accessing the low-latency Ethereum data stream from block 0 to the end of the chain. No complicated retry logic is required.
● Cheaper: Reduce Web3 calls by 99%. Avoid out-of-sync calls. Use in-stream updates to update the status of ERC-20 balances, Uniswap reserves or any other contracts.
● More reliable: linear reading, no more polling. Use cursors for paradigm conversion to ensure reliable linearity of the stream, and to ensure that it is disconnected and bifurcated. Native nodes with WebSockets can only dream of it.
● Faster access to real-time blocks: Get data earlier than any other traditional node provider. Our nodes are racing to push out data, instead of you hitting 1,000 load-balanced nodes, and most nodes are lagging due to propagation delays.
● Complete: Complete historical records are at your fingertips. The occurrence of streaming data and state changes. Let go of your archive node.
● Rich data, applicable to the entire industry. EVM call level introspection: complete call graph, all status changes, logs, keccak data, gas cost, ether balance changes, internal transactions, input data and return data, and some decoded events and status changes.
StreamingFast can be used for Ethereum mainnet and private Ethereum deployment.
How will the EEA enhance the current work of your organization?
The comment we received many times in the past was “Why didn’t we have StreamingFast when we started building?” We hope to meet with them before the company starts building. We know that we can save them time and money and ensure that Ethereum remains their preferred protocol. By eliminating much of the complexity of the blockchain added by things like fork parsing, companies will be able to get into production faster and simplify the experience for developers. Our relationship with EEA will allow companies to have access to the solutions they need when they need them.
What EEA plan are you most excited about?
We are very happy to participate in interest groups and working groups. We have been involved in the deployment of blockchain enterprises for many years. Therefore, we look forward to sharing use cases, discussing industry needs, and cooperating to develop standards-based open specifications to accelerate the adoption of Ethereum-based enterprise solutions.
Learn more and connect with EEA
EEA enables organizations to adopt and use Ethereum technology in their daily business. We give the Ethereum ecosystem the ability to develop new business opportunities and promote industry adoption, learning and collaboration. Our global member community is made up of leaders, adopters, innovators, developers, and companies who work together to create an open, decentralized network for the benefit of all. Join us and contribute to our work!
Learn more about EEA membership, sign up the latest update And contact [email protected]